Promise not to tell… When you discover Twin Lakes Village, Colorado.
Experience the peaceful, quiet of scenic Twin Lakes Village, Colorado. You decide whether it’s a fly rod, lake canoe, mountain biking, hiking, or just a lazy walk around the 130 year old dirt streets of this historic mountain village.
Hike or bike unlimited ancient Ute Indian trails to historical mines, hotels, and hidden high mountain lakes and beaver ponds. Photograph elk and summer snow capped peaks. Plan a drive over Independence Pass to Aspen which is only 35 miles away. Enjoy lunch at one of the local diners, or dine in with one of our Road-house daily dinner specials. Take a scenic drive to Leadville or Buena Vista.
This year, you can also browse our new art gallery, in the lobby, featuring artist-in-residence, Constance Erickson.
Activities and Attractions
• Hike to the historic Interlaken Hotel Site
• Daily guided Boat Tours
• Closest lodging to the South Mt. Elbert Trailhead
• Local Kayak and Canoe Rentals
• World class Arkansas River Rafting
• Highest paved highway – Independence Pass and Aspen
• Fishing – Lakes,Streams,and Beaver ponds
• Ghost towns and mines
• Leadville National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum
• Leadville Colorado Southern Alpine Train Ride
• Wildlife Viewing
• On the Top of the Rockies Scenic Byway
• Unlimited hiking on the Continental Divide and Colorado Trails
• 14neer Trailheads all around us
• Buena Vista Hot Springs